Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Purple Day

As some of you may have seen on my social networks, today was purple day for epilepsy awareness. March 26th every year has been designated as a day to wear purple to raise awareness for epilepsy.

I went to an interview of sorts today, and I wore my purple hoodie, with my only polo shirt that has any type of purple in it. Let me say, it definitely grabbed the attention of the person I was meeting with. She not only noticed that it was purple, but also noticed that it was an Epilepsy Foundation hoodie.

I posted about this event a few times over the past week or so, and some of my friends and family decided to wear purple for me today. One friend even wrote on my Facebook that she not only wore purple, but that she also talked to 3 people about epilepsy and about me... That's awesome.

These gestures may seem small - Wear something purple, say a few things to some people about epilepsy - but it makes a HUGE difference. And to those of you who helped support me and my cause today, you have no idea what it means to me. I obviously can only do so much by myself, and every extra person is a great help.

For anyone who may have shown your support that I didn't know about, thank you as well. I don't need to know that you showed your support, I appreciate the effort regardless. I hope that you were able to at least mention to someone why you were wearing purple, but if not that's fine too.

I hope that everyone who is reading this has learned something about epilepsy from me at some point, and/or have taught others about epilepsy. If anyone ever wants information of any sort about epilepsy, feel free to ask. I'm always glad to spread knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment