Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Bad News

This is not quite bad news for my apps, but bad news for me personally... Yesterday I was laid off from my day job.

They have been laying people off left and right for the past year or so, so I'm not 100% surprised, but it's still not easy. I got the news around 2:30 yesterday afternoon, and was able to say some goodbyes.

People have already been giving me job leads, and ideas for places to look for something new, and I am thankful for that. My boss (and his boss) both made it abundantly clear that it had nothing to do with my performance, or my attitude, or anything like that, it's just that the company is going through rough times and they needed to do some more cutbacks. They both said that it was a joy working with me, and that I did great work, and they wish there was another way. I had quite a few people offer to write me a letter of recommendation if I need one, so that again shows that people enjoyed having me there and liked my work.

For now, it's off to the unemployment website and job search websites until I find something new. I'm sure that I will do some work on my apps, and maybe work on some new ones, with my new found free time. But as stated previously, I will likely be spending a lot of time searching for jobs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment