Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Frozen Frontier!

2 out of 10 isn't bad right? OK, it's terrible; Of the 10 tickets purchased, only 2 were used tonight - mine and Matt's - and that's because we drove together. But I don't blame the people who didn't show, there was so much snow that even I barely made it there.

For those who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, RIT played an outdoor hockey game tonight against our rivals, Niagara University. It was around 16 degrees for most of the game and snowing like crazy.

Anyway, we weren't too cold because we were in so many layers. I had on a pair of "warm up" pants from cheerleading under my normal pants, 1 pair of regular socks, 2 pairs of wool socks, winter boots, a wife beater, a t-shirt, my warm up jacket from cheer, 2 hoodies, a ski mask and gloves... and I had my leather jacket, another ski mask, another pair of warm up pants, and 2 blankets just in case. The blankets came in handy. A girl a few rows above us used one to cover her feet, we wrapped ourselves in them for a while, and used them on our feet for a while as well. But of course, I left the hand and feet warming packets at home. Throughout the game, only our finger and toes really got cold. Other than that we were both pretty toasty warm.

Our tickets were for seats in the section next to the corner crew (if you don't know about the corner crew, Google "RIT Corner Crew") but there were empty seats in the crew's section, so we joined the crew as we usually do. There was still a lot of yelling, screaming, cheering, chanting, and as always a lot of "YOU SUCK!" from the crew. Unfortunately, the pep band wasn't there, and the crew isn't quite the same without them. I heard they were at the women's game, and some of the instruments actually broke because it was so cold.

Oh yeah, and one of the guys from the crew was throwing out foam (I think it's foam at least) RIT hockey pucks for answering RIT Hockey trivia, and a few random puck throws as well. Matt and I both got pucks. (Matt's was a random throw, mine was for knowing that RIT Hockey went D1 in 2005.)

Overall it was a fun game to watch, even though it ended up tied at 2 - which kinda ends our 5 game win streak, AND Niagara's 5 game losing streak. I guess Rotolo is technically still undefeated in goal too, so that's cool. I got a few pictures too; I'm not sure how they came out yet but I'll post the good ones soon. It was a good time, and I'm sure it's something that I won't soon forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment