Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Immediate effect of my new diet

On Monday, I posted that I'm going to change my eating habits. There were two major changes I was making:

  1. Eating more often throughout the day (at least 5 times)
  2. Eating more fruit, for a more balanced diet
I also said I was not eating red meat but that was just an acknowledgement, not a change. I have not been eating red meat for quite some time. Not because I think it's bad for you, or anything like that, more because I really enjoy chicken, turkey, and sausage.

I have been doing the 5 times a day eating now since Monday morning, and I went out and bought the fruit on Monday night, so that part didn't start until about 9pm Monday (I had some fruit when I got home that night.) 

So it has only been 3-4 days since I changed my habits, and I'm already seeing a lot of positive changes. I'm not sure which of the two dietary changes is causing each of the positive results (since this is not a science project I changed more than 1 variable, so it's impossible to tell the exact cause-effect relationship) but in any case, it's helping. Here are some things that I've noticed:
  1. I have a lot more energy
    1. This started immediately after changing to the 5 meals, but has become more noticeable with time. Therefore, it could be that the extra meals took time to fully effect me, or it could be a combination of both changes
  2. I don't feel REALLY hungry anymore
    1. When I start to feel even slightly hungry, I grab an apple or a mandarin orange cup, and the hunger subsides
    2. The full feeling from the fruit lasts longer than most other foods, so I'm not hungry as often, and it sits lighter in my stomach, making me feel more comfortable throughout the day
  3. My "normal, everyday" aches and pains are lessened (still there, but not as bad)
    1. I have a lot of minor ailments (mostly from sports injuries... mostly cheerleading injuries) and for a long time those were something I would just deal with. I would expect my shoulder to hurt in certain situations, or my leg to cramp up. This isn't happening as much now.
    2. This is NOT a result of going to the gym. I have been to the gym before, and usually these issues get worse for a small period of time before getting better. (Kinda like going to the gym and coming home sore, then a few days later being back to normal but slightly stronger.)
    3. I think this is caused by a mixture of the two changes. The constant nutrition allows my body to continually heal itself, and the added fruit is providing nutrients that I was likely lacking before.
  4. This could be caused by many things other than the diet as well.... but my allergies aren't quite as bad (like above, they're still there, just not as bad)
    1. As above, this is probably due to added "juice" in my body. My immune system is probably using the extra nutrition to properly fight off the allergens, instead of causing a reaction to do the fighting. But it could also be due to environmental changes, like weather, or so many other things
  5. I'm sleeping better
    1. This one was completely surprising to me, but I realized that over the past couple nights I have been sleeping through the night uninterrupted. Before I would wake up 3-4 times throughout the night, now I got to sleep later (because I have the energy to stay awake) and I sleep better.
So there you have it. One "work week" on a new diet, and it's already causing a TON of positive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment