Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The craziness continues

It's hard balancing work, healthy habits, social events, my programming side job, and normal every day events all at the same time.

Yesterday I didn't go to the gym. This decision was made for many reasons:

  1. I had a terrible headache, due to the TMJ in my jaw
  2. I was still very sore from previous days at the gym (mostly my shoulder/chest)
  3. I wanted to get some programming done after someone recommended a new feature
  4. It seemed like the day dragged out, and I just wanted to go home
I could go on forever with the list. But the thing is, it didn't really matter. I still feel healthy due to the diet change, and feel that I'm early enough in the workout that it probably shouldn't be daily. Yeah, the walking and biking could be. But the shoulder exercises, not so much.

Tuesday I did bench press instead of the hand bike. Bench also targets my shoulder issue, so it was good. Because I did that instead of the hand bike, I actually went 3 miles in 10 minutes on the bike, instead of 2 miles. The energy that I saved from switching exercises allowed me to do more on the bike, which worked my legs a bit more.

Everyone says "it's good to keep your muscles guessing" and I agree. But right now, I need something somewhat consistent to get me started, and the small changes between shoulder routines should be enough for now to "keep my muscles guessing".

On top of the gym, and switching to a healthy diet, and programming until almost 1am last night... I still need to find a new place to live! AHHH craziness!!

Plus this weekend is Imagine RIT, and I'm helping Joe move, and I'm going out with some people from my old job Friday night... and the list goes on.

Obviously finding a place to live should be priority #1, and I am going to do some looking around on-line in my free time, then try to visit some places before work one of these days. It's just pure craziness right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment