Development Blog

Want more? Check out my development blog: http://Fifteen15Studios.com/blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

More Seizures


It has been a while since I blogged here or in my development blog. I have been busy moving, and didn't have my computer at my new place yet, and have just had a lot on my mind... including something that I've so far only told a couple people.

Friday night I had another partial seizure. It was fairly minor... to the point that if it was anyone else experiencing what I experienced, they would not have known what was happening.

I went to my mom's house Friday night after work to get some stuff to help me pack/move. While there, my right ear got a sudden, loud ringing in it... loud enough that I actually grabbed for my ear. She asked "What was that?" and I just played it off as nothing, saying it was an itch. At this point, I still didn't realize exactly what was happening. I got what I needed and went back to my place.

When I walked in, I realized that my right side was extremely weak, and my right ear was still ringing. Not a constant ring, but ringing. After a while, my right leg was so weak that I had trouble walking on it. It was like I had a severe limp. Both my right leg and right arm felt like dead weight. I could move them fine, but they felt strange. I could actually feel my heart beating in my chest, and it felt like it was beating slightly faster than normal, but not extremely fast. When I moved or breathed heavily my right ear would ring again... until the movement stopped, then the ringing would stop. My right eye seemed a little blurrier than normal, (my right eye is always weaker than my left eye, and I think the seizures are part of the reason why,) and last, but not least, I felt like everything was in slow motion. My thoughts seemed slower than normal, and it just overall felt weird.

This lasted probably about an hour from beginning to end, with the "symptoms" worsening in the middle, and returning back to normal near the end. In the middle of this, I opened a notepad on my computer and wrote down some of the things I was experiencing. I used that list to write the above paragraph. Needless to say... I didn't get anything packed or moved Friday night, as I had planned.

Saturday we moved the big stuff, Sunday I rested most of the day, and Monday life returned to "normal".... except that I couldn't get out of my head the fact that I just had this seizure. And throughout the weekend I'm starting to think... this is not the first time something like this has happened.

I started thinking back, and realized... I've probably had dozens of these... maybe hundreds. The difference is, this one was a little more intense than most. I have gotten the ringing in my ear right plenty of times... I actually told my Neurologist at one of my previous appointments about it. Sometimes that ringing is followed by weakness in my right leg, and a slight limp. I usually attribute this weakness to my hamstring acting up. In 2000 I badly pulled my right hamstring while playing football, and it hasn't been the same since. So when I get this weakness, I normally blame my hamstring.
Not this time though, this one was worse... I could barely put any pressure on my leg without it collapse beneath me. And it wasn't just the leg, it was basically the entire right side of my body that was affected.

So I decided... it's time to call the doctor. I was actually supposed to see my Neurologist late last week, but missed the appointment because I was so busy moving that I forgot about it. So I called and rescheduled, since I just had what I believe to be a seizure.

I saw the doc yesterday. I told him what happened and he agrees that it was likely a partial seizure. There was no change in consciousness, so my driver's license and whatnot will not be affected. I told him that I don't think this is the first etc. etc. so we are going to schedule an EEG and slightly up my medicine after the EEG to see if that helps. (We're upping the medicine after the EEG to hopefully be able to see something on the results of the EEG.) Unity is supposed to call me and schedule the EEG. Last time he told me this (after my last recognizable seizure) they never called me, so the receptionist gave me their number so that I can call them early next week if I have not yet heard from them.

Even with this, I'm still a little bugged out knowing that I'm having more seizures than I realized, and that they're a new type of seizure. They don't affect me as much as the tonic-clonic seizures, but it's still unnerving knowing that they're happening.

However, I have further confirmed that the seizures are mainly affecting the right side of my body, and I feel that knowing that can possibly help in figuring out what's going on in my brain.

There is so much more to write... so much going on in my head right now, so many emotions, so many worries... but I think I've said enough for now. If you would like more, feel free to message me, email me, or for those that know me personally you can text me, etc.


TL;DR: I'm having more partial seizures than I realized, and it's a little unnerving knowing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment